School of Civil Society
A brief overview of the activities and program Of the school of Civil Society
The school of Civil Society (hereinafter referred to as the School) is a non– governmental (non-profit) legal entity that operates on the basis of the Constitution of Georgia, international legal norms, current legislation and the Charter of the organization. The school was registered in the state public register of the National Agency of Georgia on April 18, 2019, under the number: B19044033.
The multi-national team of the organization is built on the basis of shared values and mutual respect, each member of which over the years has accumulated a wealth of experience and qualifications in various sectors-NGOs, legislative and executive authorities, and the media.
Popularizing the values of Democracy, Human Rights and Freedoms, promoting the rule of law, expanding the principles of pluralism and strengthening tolerance, strengthening civil society and building peace both in Georgia and throughout the region are the main ideas of the School.
The goals of the organization are currently being achieved through the Civil Society School, which is a public institution based on NGOs with a systematic educational program that includes holding events in the form of seminars/lectures/pieces of training with the involvement of qualified lecturers/trainers/experts/public and political figures…
The school is also a specific platform for various initiatives of active youth and prominent public and political figures to conduct free events for the exchange of ideas and views that contribute to the development of civil society.
The Aims Of The School:
Ø Increasing the level of involvement of young people in all areas of the state;
Ø Raising the level of civic education of Georgia's youth and forming young leaders;
Ø Contributing to the Euro-Atlantic integration process of both Georgia and the entire region;
popularization of the basic principles and institutions of Democracy, Human Rights and Freedoms among young people through the educational process;
Ø Support for civic integration by raising the level of civic education and self-awareness of the youth of Georgia's ethnic minorities;
Ø Creating a platform for creating and building professional youth organizations that are in demand in society in specific areas: human rights, ecology, gender, local self-government, citizen journalism, and fair elections.
The School's activities are carried out within the framework of the School's programs described below:
1. Center For Young Leaders
* Training seminars on international law and the mechanisms of the international community, Democracy, Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Euro-Atlantic integration and other most relevant topics of civil society. Seminars are held for young people by qualified experts and public and political figures.
* Round tables (discussions).
Round tables with students at School and representatives of NGOs, the public, Local self-Government, members of Parliament and Executive authorities, and the media.
* Youth Camps for the most gifted and best students of the School, which are selected by testing the materials passed and reports prepared by them on the topics prepared by the project management.
* Smart-entertainment games
2. Center for young citizen journalists
* Training Seminars and masterclasses in citizen journalism
* Informational Website www.sgsge.org about activities
• Internet broadcasting Studio (under development), which will be used for filming discussions and dialogues, debates and various youth programs.
3. legal clinic
Free legal advice for young people of ethnic minorities in the regions and young women.
4. Open Space Program
This event is held on the initiative of young people. The purpose of this program is to create conditions and support young people to share new ideas, current topics, views and other values with the rest of the youth, to prove themselves as a moderator, speaker, and leader.
5. youth chamber
The youth Chamber is a consulting body for building the School's strategy, which also works to attract young people to the School's activities and popularize the idea of the School itself. Also conducts consulting work with applicants, students and initiative groups.